October 18-23, 2019 *Sold out, waitlist available!
All aboard! Join us on this exciting tour and discover the railroads, music, and lore of West Virginia and Virginia. Take in the sights and sounds of Virginia & West Virginia - including scenic train rides, toe-tapping music, and an iconic star’s hometown.
Highlights of this 6 Day/5 Night Tour Include:
- Spend 2 nights in Elkins, West Virginia - situated along the Tygart Valley River at the edge of the lush Monongahela National Forest
- Take a 4-hour round trip journey on the New Tygart Flyer - Vintage diesel-powered locomotives climb along the cascading Shavers Fork of the Cheat River, offering a wilderness excursion featuring mountain grades, an “S” curve tunnel, miles of unspoiled mountain views, and stunning waterfalls
- Take in two musical performances in Elkins, including a Branson-style variety show at the Gandy Dancer Theater – which features musicians, impersonations, good-time comedy interludes, and just pure fun!
- Enjoy sprawling views of some of the most dramatic scenery in northeast West Virginia and view American bald eagles in their natural habitat aboard the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad, plus enjoy Club Car service and lunch served on vintage china
- Spend 1 Night in Winchester, Virginia at the landmark George Washington Grand hotel – located in the foothills of the Shenandoah Mountains
- Go “Crazy for Patsy Cline” - see the “Becoming Patsy Cline” exhibition at the Winchester Visitor’s Center, take a guided tour of the Patsy Cline Historic House, and take in the sweet sounds of Patsy’s voice
- Free time to explore Old Town Winchester – located within the heart of a 45-block National Register Historic District featuring a quaint pedestrian walking mall bursting with cafes, specialty retail shops, and stunning architecture
- Spend 1 night en-route in each direction
- 10 Meals: 5 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, & 2 Dinners
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
- Round-trip Luxury Motorcoach Transportation
CALL FOR WAITLIST
$150.00 per person deposit due within 5 days of booking
Final Payment due 60 days prior to tour.