May 20-22, 2019
A Unique Opportunity to Immerse Yourself in Québec’s First Nations History & Life
Discover the Huron-Wendat Nation in Wendake, Québec – a thriving First Nations community, opening its doors to visitors and inviting them to experience their culture, history, story-telling, art, and hospitality. Tour a re-constructed living history village, dine on locally sourced dishes and authentic cuisine, and view original works of art and historic artifacts. Take a journey to the past, while immersing yourself in the present way of life of the Huron-Wendat Nation.
Highlights of this 3 Day/2 Night Tour Include:
- Spend 2 nights at the 4-star Hotel-Musee Premieres Nations – offering guests a unique experience in the heart of Wendake; admire the architecture reminiscent of a long house, enjoy rooms that feature native decorations, and relax to the sounds of the Akiawenrahk 'river which flows outside
- Inside the National Ekionkiestha’ longhouse, hear traditional music and stories of the Huron-Wendat people as told by a captivating story teller
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Huron-Wendat Museum, featuring one of the rarest collections of Huron-Wendat archival texts, artifacts, and works of art
- Visit the Onhoüa Chetek8e Traditional Huron Site – offering a window onto the history, traditions, and way of life of the Huron-Wendat Nation
- Savor the local tastes at La Traite - which serves a cuisine inspired by First Nations culture in a unique setting that gives you the impression of being in nature, with beautifully carved tree trunks and traditional art
- 4 Meals: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, & 1 Dinner
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
- Round-trip Luxury Motorcoach Transportation
$150.00 per person deposit due within 5 days of booking.
Final payment due 60 days prior to tour departure.