November 13-20, 2021 Due to recent cancellation, 2 seats available!
History, culture, & heritage in the heart of Texas
Explore the incredibly diverse history, culture, and heritage of the Lone Star State - from Dallas to San Antonio. Experience both city life and country life as you travel through Texas Hill Country, which is considered the border between the American Southeast and Southwest. From real-life cowboys and longhorn cattle drives, to Presidential retreats and rolling hills, to the Spanish Missions and Riverwalk - this tour provides an opportunity to experience the “Heart of Texas.”
Highlights of this Signature Tour include:
- Spend 2 nights near Dallas at the magnificent Gaylord Texan Resort
- Experience the sights and sounds of the Old West with a guided tour of the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District, known as the "Wall Street of the West"
- Witness an authentic Longhorn Cattle Drive – which offers an unforgettable glimpse into the past
- Free time to explore Stockyards Station – an exciting blend of old and new Texas cuisine and goods
- During a guided city tour of Dallas, travel JFK’s Motorcade route from that fateful day in 1963
- Visit the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, which chronicles the assassination and legacy of President John F. Kennedy
- Stop at Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Market at the Silos – a shopping and dining complex located in the former Brazos Valley Cotton Oil Mill
- Spend 2 nights in Texas Hill Country – characterized by rolling hills, Texas-sized ranches, and refreshing swimming holes
- Visit the “Texas White House” at the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park, which tells the story of our 36th President and is the final resting place of LBJ and Lady Bird Johnson
- Journey to historic Fredericksburg – peruse shops, boutiques and art galleries along its beautiful Main Street
- Spend 2 nights at the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio - enjoy the view from your balcony overlooking the river
- Take an enchanting journey through San Antonio and learn about its rich history on a guided city tour
- Take a narrated river cruise on a colorful barge through downtown San Antonio
- Visit San Fernando Cathedral - the oldest operating sanctuary in North America
- Explore the largest concentration of Spanish colonial missions in North America at the Missions National Historical Park, the city’s crowning jewel and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit Mission San José – established in 1720 and considered the “Queen of the Missions”
- Tour the Alamo - founded in 1718 as the first mission in San Antonio and way station between Texas and Mexico
- Enjoy free time at El Mercado - the authentic Mexican market
- Spend 1 night near our departure airport (TBD) and enjoy a farewell dinner
- Motorcoach transportation from Concord, NH to Boston, and while in Texas
- Roundtrip flights from Boston to Texas
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
Tour Departs from Concord, NH ~ Maximum of 30 passengers
$3395 pp Double
$4195 pp Single
$3095 pp Triple or Quad
CALL TO REGISTER
$150.00 per person deposit due within 5 days of booking, plus the cost of the optional travel protection, if purchased.
Final Payment due 90 days prior to tour.