October 1-7, 2021
Featuring a 2-Night Stay in Shenandoah National Park, Monticello, and Lexington
Nicknamed "The Big Valley", the Shenandoah Valley is one of the country’s most scenic areas, stretching 200 miles across the Blue Ridge and Allegheny mountains. On this tour, take in the breathtaking scenery, as we explore the region’s striking natural wonders, charming towns, and famous historic sites - all during the spectacular Fall season.
Highlights of this tour include:
- Spend 2 nights at the Natural Bridge Historic Hotel ~ set amidst the Blue Ridge Mountains, the hotel offers beautiful views, southern hospitality and colonial charm
- Experience Virginia’s Natural Bridge ~ an awe-inspiring natural stone arch that soars 215 feet above Cedar Creek – by day, explore the history of Virginia’s Native Americans in the Monacan Indian Village, and return in the evening for the spectacular Drama of Creation light show
- Take a Cadet-led walking tour of the Virginia Military Institute campus~ founded in 1839, VMI is the nation's oldest state-supported military college
- Enjoy time on your own to explore the historic and charming town of Lexington ~ which is lined with historic buildings, farm-to-table eateries, bright galleries and inviting boutiques
- Visit Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello ~ an architectural masterpiece and the only home in America recognized by the United Nations as a World Heritage Site
- Spend 2 nights in Shenandoah National Park at the Skyland Lodge ~ surrounded by the peaks along the crests of the Blue Ridge Mountains, your accommodations offer a peaceful setting with views of the lush mountain forests or the green and golden farm fields of the Shenandoah Valley below
- Tour Shenandoah National Park with a Guide ~ travel on the famed Skyline Drive and learn the park’s unique history and the fascinating story of the rugged individuals who once lived there and about the Civilian Conservation Corps “boys” and their contributions to the area
- Explore Luray Caverns ~ explore cathedral-sized rooms with ceilings 10 stories high, filled with towering stone columns and crystal-clear pools (from well-lit, paved walkways)
- Enjoy the Car and Carriage Caravan Museum and the Luray Valley Museum where you can step back in time and discover the rich history of the Shenandoah Valley
- Luxury motorcoach transportation
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
- 1 night en-route in each direction
Tour Departs from Concord, NH ~ Maximum of 36 passengers
SPECIAL NOTES REGARDING THIS TOUR: Shenandoah National Park lodge rooms have limited amenities and may be on the 2nd floor without elevator access. Access to the main reception area and restaurants area a short walk away. Many activities on the tour include walking on unpaved pathways. Outdoor activities will take place rain or shine.
$1925 pp Double
$2695 pp Single
$1795 pp Triple or Quad
$150.00 per person deposit due within 5 days of booking, plus the cost of the optional travel protection, if purchased.
Final Payment due 90 days prior to tour.