April 18-19, 2021
Join us for a fun-filled getaway and experience Newport like never before!
Tour two of the most famous and dazzling mansions in Newport, Rhode Island and hear about this seaside city’s little-known history during the Prohibition era. Then we’ll step back in time to the 1920’s and help solve a Speakeasy Murder Mystery!
Highlights of this Tour include:
- Spend 1 Night at the Newport Harbor Hotel located in the heart of downtown Newport
- Admission and self-guided tours of two magnificent mansions: the Marble House – the “summer cottage” of Alva & William K. Vanderbilt, which includes the Chinese Tea House; and the Breakers - the largest and most opulent of all of the summer homes in Newport
- Spend a day with our local guide – a Speakeasy Proprietress – who will regale us with tales from the Prohibition Era and the Roaring 20’s
- Driving tour of Newport & Ocean Drive with special focus on Prohibition era history and mystery
- While enjoying lunch at the spectacular OceanCliff Resort, you’ll be surrounded by some of the era’s most famous bootleggers and play a part in solving a Speakeasy Murder Mystery!
- Time to have lunch and explore on your own in in the Brick Marketplace area
- Wine & Cheese reception at the Newport Harbor Hotel upon check-in, followed by a 3-course dinner
- Luxury motorcoach transportation
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
Get into the spirit of the 1920’s! Themed Attire is Encouraged, but not required.
Tour departs from Concord, NH ~ Maximum of 36 Passengers
$499 pp Double
$589 pp Single
$479 pp Triple or Quad
$150.00 per person deposit due within 5 days of booking, plus the cost of the optional travel protection, if purchased.
Final Payment due 90 days prior to tour.