September 5-9, 2023 Limited seats available!
The Eastern Shore & Delmarva Peninsula – Where Delaware, Maryland & Virginia Meet
On this tour we will explore the Delmarva peninsula - which includes hundreds of miles of shoreline, farmland, forests, and small historic towns between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. Discover the region’s patchwork landscape of eclectic small towns and pristine beauty of the Eastern Shore – from its rich history as an integral part of the Underground Railroad to beautiful landscapes where wild ponies roam freely.
Highlights of this tour include:
- Spend 1 Night at the Hilton Garden Inn - located on Maryland's Eastern Shore along the Chesapeake Bay
- Visit the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Historic Park – learn about the life and legacy of the Underground Railroad’s best-known conductor
- Travel along the same landscapes that Tubman used to carry herself and others away from slavery on a guided tour of Tubman Country - see Brodess Farm, Tubman’s childhood home and other significant sites, and visit the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Visitor Center where you can see the “Take My Hand Mural”
- Spend 2 Nights at the Grand Hotel Ocean City – take in the views of the Atlantic Ocean from your balcony or stroll along the famous Ocean City Boardwalk
- Spend a day exploring Virginia’s Eastern Shore including Chincoteague Island - a tiny fishing town, and the Assateague Island National Seashore – home to the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, where the famous Chincoteague wild ponies roam free
- Enjoy a scenic nature cruise - see Atlantic bottlenose dolphins and the wild ponies along the shore
- Spend a day in the historic town of St. Michaels, MD and visit the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum – an 18-acre interactive museum located on Navy Point, once a site of seafood packing houses, docks, and work boats and home to a collection of Chesapeake Bay artifacts, exhibitions, and vessels
- Spend 1 night in Newark, DE en-route to NH
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
- Round Trip Luxury Motorcoach Transportation
Tour departs from Concord, NH ~ Maximum of 36 Passengers
$1559 per person, double
$1999 per person, single
$1469 per person, triple/quad
$150 per person deposit; plus the cost of Travel Protection, if purchased, required at time of reservation. Final payment due 90 days prior to tour departure.