June 13-15, 2021
Discover the History, Beauty and Culture of the Connecticut River Valley
Spend 3 days exploring the picturesque Connecticut River Valley – tour the homes of two literary icons in Hartford, travel along the meandering river valley in Essex, and immerse yourself in America’s seafaring past in Mystic.
Highlights of this tour include:
- 2 Nights at the Hilton Mystic
- Admission & Self-Guided Tour of Mystic Seaport: The Museum of America and the Sea – a 19 acre living history village considered to be the nation’s leading maritime museums; stroll through a recreated New England coastal village, working shipyard, and museum that is home to more than 500 historic watercraft, including America’s oldest commercial ship still in existence- the 1841 whaleship Charles W. Morgan
- The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat Excursion – enjoy a 3-course lunch aboard a restored 1920’s Pullman car, a narrated ride into the heart of the unspoiled Connecticut River Valley, and a cruise on the Connecticut River
- Time to stroll through the quintessential New England town of Essex
- Guided Tour of the Mark Twain House & Museum – tour the “house with a heart and soul” - a National Historic Landmark illuminating Twain’s literary legacy and providing a glimpse into the famous author’s life
- Visit the Harriett Beecher Stowe Center - connect the past to the present as you are guided through Stowe’s historic home and learn about what compelled her to write her most famous novel, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, and how her words changed the world
- Free time to explore Olde Mystick Village - a unique collection of specialty shoppes and restaurants designed to represent a New England Village in the early 1700’s
- Luxury motor coach transportation
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
Tour Departs from Concord, NH ~ Maximum of 36 passengers
$759 pp Double
$899 pp Single
$719 pp Triple or Quad
$150.00 per person deposit due within 5 days of booking, plus the cost of the optional travel protection, if purchased.
Final Payment due 90 days prior to tour.