April 27-30, 2021
Explore the History, Culture & Gardens of the duPont Family
Nestled between southeastern Pennsylvania and northern Delaware, the Brandywine Valley is filled with historic gems. Explore the rich history of this regions “Revolutionary” past, and the duPont family’s legacy including the beauty of a by-gone era’s opulent estates, museums filled with historic artifacts, and gardens brimming with spring blooms.
Highlights of this tour include:
- 3 Nights in the Brandywine Valley - where the du Pont family, one of the wealthiest American families, built a trail of stately mansions and gardens to rival the great estates of Europe
- Enjoy a guided tour of the area and learn about the Battle of Brandywine and its role in the Revolutionary War, the spark of the Industrial Revolution, and stories from the Underground Railroad
- Discover Longwood Gardens - Considered one of the greatest gardens in the world; including a 4-acre indoor conservatory, fountains, reflecting pools, and thousands of varieties of plants and flowers in spring bloom
- Visit the Hagley Museum – the site of the gunpowder works founded by E.I. du Pont in 1802, which features indoor and outdoor exhibitions, including restored mills, a workers community, and the ancestral home and garden of the du Pont family
- Tour Nemours Estate - a 300-acre country estate that includes a 105-room mansion resembling a French château, formal gardens, and a one-acre reflecting pool lined with sculptures
- Luxury motor coach transportation
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
Tour Departs from Concord, NH ~ Maximum of 36 passengers
$989 pp Double
$1179 pp Single
$949 pp Triple or Quad
$150.00 per person deposit due within 5 days of booking, plus the cost of the optional travel protection, if purchased.
Final Payment due 90 days prior to tour.