April 15-18, 2018 **SOLD OUT, Waitlist Only
Travel Along Quiet Country Lanes to Discover Hidden Gems in the Amish Countryside.
This tour of the Pennsylvania Dutch countryside has specialty programs that will delight quilters while offering something for everyone. From one-of-a-kind specialty and VIP quilting programs to a collection fabric shops tucked away on country lanes…this is a quilter’s dream! Not a quilter? Have no fear – this tour offers alternate activities to ensure that everyone can experience the endless treasures that this countryside has to offer!
Highlights of this 4 day / 3 night tour include:
- 3 Nights at the AmishView Inn & Suites ~ located in the heart of the Amish countryside and the Plain & Fancy Farm
- Viewing of “Jacob’s Choice” in a one-of-a-kind experiential theatre
- Visit the Lancaster Historical Society for a “VIP White Glove Tour”, a private showing of Amish Antique Quilts, led by a museum curator or take a guided tour of President James Buchanan’s Wheatland
- Watch a heart-warming scene unfold before your eyes as Mennonite-raised Elva Hurst shares her stories during a “chalk talk”
- Travel the backroads and visit Burkholder Fabrics and Weaver’s Dry Goods – known for their extraordinary selections of quality fabrics and notions
- Time to shop in Intercourse Village and Kettle Kitchen Village – including Zook’s Fabrics and the Old Country Store
- Visit the Landis Valley Farm & Museum and take part in a special Backstage Quilt & Collections Tour or stroll through the living history village dedicated to the preservation of early Pennsylvania German/Dutch life
- Visit the Quilt Shop at Miller’s for a quilting demonstration
- Enjoy an evening of conversation and dinner with an Amish family in their home
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
- 6 Meals: 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch & 2 Dinners
- Round-trip Luxury Motorcoach Transportation from NH
$150.00 per person deposit due within 5 days of booking
Final Payment due 60 days prior to tour.