Postponed/Date Change, Details Coming Soon!
Colonial History, Country Estates & Gilded Age Mansions
Home to spectacular coastal scenery and awe-inspiring architecture, Newport is considered a shining gem in the coastal crown of New England. Although it is most well-known for its lavish Gilded Age opulence, Newport's history is much more than mansions! Join us as we visit some off the beaten path attractions and discover fascinating history that will make you look at Newport in a whole new light.
Highlights of this 3 day / 2 night tour include:
- 2 Nights at the Newport Harbor Hotel located in the heart of Newport & Bowen’s Wharf
- Learn more about the area’s Colonial history on a guided historical walking tour ~ Newport County has one of the largest concentrations of colonial homes and buildings in America!
- Guided Tour of Touro Synagogue ~ built in 1763, it is the oldest surviving Jewish synagogue building in North America and the only surviving synagogue building in the U.S. dating to the colonial era
- Driving tour of Newport including the famed Ocean Drive and Bellevue Avenue
- Admission & selfguided Tour of the Breaker’s – the most famous of the Gilded Age Mansions
- Enjoy a guided tour of Blithewold Mansion – a “country home” set on a 33-acre estate with grand views of Narragansett Bay and considered one of the nation’s leading examples of a Country Place Era estate
- Time to shop and explore on your own in in the Wharf and Brick Marketplace areas
- Welcome reception at the hotel upon arrival
- 4 Meals: 1 Dinner, 1 Lunch & 2 breakfasts
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
- Round-trip Luxury Motorcoach Transportation from NH
$150.00 per person deposit due within 5 days of booking
Final Payment due 60 days prior to tour.