June 19-July 1, 2017 ** SOLD OUT, Waitlist Availailable
Staggering Landscapes & Viking History
Newfoundland & Labrador is a place like no other. Tour the western coast of Newfoundland and cross Iceberg Alley to Labrador to experience stunning terrain and fascinating history. Stand where the Vikings stood over 1,000 years ago; ferry across the Strait of Belle Isle - known as Iceberg Alley; explore the geological masterpiece that is Gros Morne National Park; take in the ever-changing landscape and experience a different way of “island life” on this journey.
Highlights of this 13 day / 12 night tour include:
- Tour the Western Coast of Newfoundland
- Ferry across the Strait of Belle Isle, known as Iceberg Alley
- Visit Red Bay - a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to a 16th-century Basque whaling station
- Visit and tour of the Point Amour Lighthouse – the tallest lighthouse in Atlantic Canada
- Tour L’Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site - a UNESCO World Heritage Site and North America’s only known Viking settlement
- Sightseeing in Gros Morne National Park - a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its stunning beauty and unique geological features
- Visit the Discovery Centre and take a guided walk through the Tablelands in Gros Morne National Park
- Visit Arches Provincial Park
- Cruise on Bonne Bay and learn about the history of the small villages nestled on the shores
- Take a sightseeing cruise from St. Anthony – part of Iceberg Alley and see majestic 10,000-year-old icebergs, while learning about the marine wildlife and culture of the area
- Visit Lobster Cove Head Lighthouse
- Spend 8 Nights in Newfoundland & Labrador (plus two nights en-route in each direction)
- 23 Meals: 12 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches & 5 Dinners
- Luxury motor coach transportation
- Services of a Professional Tour Director
Deposits: A non-refundable deposit of $150 per person is due within 5 days of confirming your reservation.
A second, non-refundable deposit of $1,500 per person is due on February 20.
Final Payment is due on April 20th.